Condoms are condoms, they’re all the same, right? Wrong! There are different brands to choose from, some more established than others. As a quick reminder: condoms are the only method of contraception that protects against both pregnancy and STIs. It’s easy to get carried away in the heat of the moment, so always make sure that you have plenty of condoms on standby.
Why choose Durex?
Because it’s an excellent brand, with a broad range of products so you can easily get hold of the right condoms for you. In fact, Durex has actually been delivering the safest method of contraception since 1929. That’s almost a hundred years and its enduring popularity speaks for itself. Today, they manufacture an extensive range of condoms and lubricants for an all-round, positive approach to safe sex.
International testing standards require all condoms to be able to withstand up to 18 litres of air during their electronic testing (and Durex, by the way, was the first brand to develop this innovative technology). Put simply, they are the market leader in this area with Durex condoms able to withstand up to 40 litres of air without compromising on safety. Yes, you read that correctly, 40!
They are lubricated and teat-ended for extra comfort and durability so you can leave those worries about breakage and accidental spillages at the bedroom door. Durex have it covered – literally. Do you have specific needs for your barrier methods of contraception? Shop from the Durex range so you can find the best product for you. Your options include:
- The Durex Thin Feel, Extra Lube condoms. These are produced for maximum sensation with a width of just 56mm. They’re made in a regular size and you can buy them in packs of 1, 10, 20 or 40 if you want to stock up in advance (always a good plan to avoid those mid-coitus, awkward moments).
- The Durex Trial Pack. This is precisely as it sounds, the pack includes a range of sizes and specifications so you have the chance to try out a range of products and find the one that suits you best. (PS. Having a trial pack on hand is almost guaranteeing hours of sexual fun!).
Some might think that condoms are made with a one-size-fits-all approach, but Durex definitely does not subscribe to this view. The fit of the condom is the most important thing to get right. If it’s too small, you are at a higher risk of having accidental breakages, or it slipping off entirely. If it’s too big then sperm seepage is more likely to happen, and a too-big condom also has the risk of coming off during sex. The majority of people will be fine with a standard size, but if you’re not in the averagely-sized penis category, then step on over to Durex who can solve the problem for you!
- Durex XL and XXLsized condoms. These promote maximum comfort and safety for the larger penis. But don’t buy them just to seem impressive, size is of paramount importance, so if you’re not sure, then stick with the regular size.
- Durex Latex Free condoms. Do you suffer with allergies? If so, Durex have you covered here as well! These come in a regular size, but instead of being manufactured out of the standard latex, these are made from polyisoprene and they are just as safe and reliable as the latex condoms in the range.
- Durex Taste Me condoms. Sometimes, sex isn’t all about penetration, there are different aspects to be enjoyed alongside that. Which is why these flavoured condoms have been developed, to make oral sex more enjoyable. They are exactly the same as a normal condom, they just come with an extra pleasure factor built in. You have a choice of flavours too, so experimentation with these is definitely on the cards.
- Durex Pleasure Me condoms. When we think about condoms, we are typically thinking about male pleasure and how a condom can encourage maximum volumes of it. Hence why there are large and small ones, and thinner and thicker ones. But what about the other partner? What do they get out of the whole experience? Well, that’s exactly what occurred to the developers at Durex, so they came up with another category of condoms which features either a ribbed, dotted or a textured sensation. These were invented to give maximum sexual satisfaction to both partners by increasing the female stimulation through raised dots or ribs. The extra sensation is just another facet of female pleasure, you can also choose condoms which are flavoured, if you want to encourage that particular aspect of sex.
These are just an example of what Durex has to offer in the condom market, so your best advice would be to head on over to the Durex selection where you can browse at your leisure. And don’t forget the trial and bulk packs – it makes sense to invest in both of these, both for fun and for money-saving reasons. And don’t forget, with a 98% protection efficacy, condoms are one of the safest forms of contraception around.