Guide to Extra Lubricated Condoms
Lubrication is an essential part of sex, everyone knows that. When things are too dry it hurts, it’s uncomfortable and condoms are especially prone to breaking. Our bodies have been designed to procreate and they’re clever enough to make this process as easy as possible – hence the natural lubrication of the woman. But things don’t always go to plan and sometimes the natural lubrication is missing. It’s a very common thing, nothing to worry about and it’s actually the reason why lube was invented. Things that can affect natural lubrication include:
- Where you are in your menstrual cycle. Over the fertile period your body is more likely to facilitate sexual interaction so it makes things as smooth as possible, literally. But at different times your body isn’t geared up for trying to conceive so it’s less of a priority and you might feel quite dry down there.
- Medication can also affect the female body in lots of ways, including this one.
- Stress is another factor in how well your body is feeling. If your stress levels are too high then your goes into coping mode which doesn’t mean that it feels up for conception just now.
There are several bottles of water-based and old-based lubrications on the market especially designed for sex – but you can also get pre-lubricated condoms. And not only that, you can get extra lubricated condoms too. So let’s look at why you might choose these.
- They’re great for anal sex. Obviously that part of your body wasn’t designed for penetration so there’s zero natural lubricant. So if this is something you enjoy, extra lubricated condoms can make it a whole lot easier.
- If the penis is larger than average then the extra lube condoms might be a good idea to stop friction building up and making sex sore and painful for both parties.
- There’s an argument that the more you have, the better the experience is. Why? It keeps everything running smoothly and using the lube-based condoms means that you don’t have to keep stopping to apply more from a bottle. It is also means that you’ll always have the necessary lubrication right there and ready to go. It promotes maximum pleasure, it lasts longer, feels nicer and there’s less risk of the condom breaking because of the lack of friction. Everything slips and slides just like it’s meant to.
- It’s easier to manage than manual lube.
- Bottled lubrication is not normally enough for sex (without multiple layers being applied, and who has time for that once things have got going?). Extra lubricated condoms zap this problem at source.
- You can get ones with spermicidal lube and non-spermicidal depending on your personal preference.
If there’s one thing that men are after with condom use it’s to feel like they aren’t wearing one at all! The Holy Grail, if you like. These condoms are great for that, with all the extra slipperiness it really can make sex feel more natural. Plus, because the condom is less likely to break it’s enhances your protection against pregnancy and STIs, including AIDS.
We’re not trying to put you off, but for the sake of total transparency there are times when these condoms might not be best. They aren’t great for oral sex, whilst lube is generally good, it isn’t for creating the right sensations with your mouth, plus they taste pretty horrible. Also watch out for the spermicidal ones if you’re planning oral because the active ingredient nonoxynol – 9 can actually cause your tongue to go numb. Not exactly what you’re hoping for in the bedroom!
So enough talking about the theory, let’s see what’s out there on the market that you might like. You can browse through British Condoms yourself in your own time, but these are just a few that we can point you towards straight away.
As always, Durex Elite condoms are very popular, very highly rated and regularly receive 5* ratings. It’s their lightweight natural rubber latex, snug fit and generous reservoir which allows for maximum sensitivity and protection. Each of these condoms is lubricated with a gentle non-spermicidal lubricant which means a more comfortable experience for both partners.
Pasante Cooling condoms are another very popular choice. These ones are designed with a special lubricant coating which increases the intensity of sexual pleasure - for both partners. They are suitable for vaginal, oral or anal sex, take your pick! The Trojan Enz Condoms are the original ones, whereas the Trojan Enz have a water-soluble lubricant for maximum sensitivity and comfort.
There are so many of these on the market that you might be unsure which way to turn. Luckily we’ve thought of that and introduced the Extra Lubrication Trial Pack. Use them in your own time to experiment with and the chances are that you’ll come up with a favourite, or maybe there’s no competition between them and you’d be happy with any choice. It includes two of: Mates Skyn, extra lubricated condoms, Durex Intimate Feel, Trojan ENZ and Lifestyles Ultra-Sensitive.