This policy covers the processing of all personal information by us (British Condoms), address, BC Trading, PO Box 10464, Nottingham, NG16 9FD.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
The following information may be collected, but will be anonymised and will not contain any information from which you can be identified:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information that we collect about you may be shared with third party services/apps for the purpose of providing our website, email services or delivery and returns services. Third parties include but are not limited to the Royal Mail and other courier services.
No personally identifiable information is stored in these cookies.
If you wish to remove these cookies, you can do so by following these instructions.
We hate junk mail too!
We will email you to process your order and afterwards to introduce you to the benefits of our loyalty programme. We will never pass on your email address or personal information to a third party for marketing purposes other than our own. We will provide your email address to delivery services for the sole purpose of sending you tracking notifications for your delivery.
To ensure we always provide you with the top-notch service you deserve, we work closely with the independent reviews company Yotpo. You may receive an email from them once your order is complete to ask you to rate some products ordered, or your experience shopping with us.
You can unsubscribe any time
When you join the British Condoms email list, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that is at the bottom of every message that we send. Or you can send a message to our customer care department and we will unsubscribe you.
How we use your personal information
Personal information you provide is used by us only for the following purposes:
• To improve your shopping experience at our website
• To process your order
• With your permission, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
Sharing of information
We do not sell or otherwise share your information with any third party. We use your information exclusively as stated within this Policy.
Disclosure of your information
If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose such information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as may reasonably be required.
Links to other websites
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet may not be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to this policy
The Data Protection Act (the "Act") has various provisions which ensure that any person who has access to your personal information must comply with strict rules.
The Act provides the following principles, which we follow at all times:
• We will process your data fairly and lawfully.
• We will obtain your data only for specified and lawful purposes, and shall not use it for any other purpose.
• We will ensure that personal data held shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is held.
• We will ensure that personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
• We will ensure that personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
• We will ensure that personal data shall be processed in accordance with your rights under the Act.
• We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect any personal data from any destruction, damage or loss.
• We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access and check information held about you. Should you wish we can provide you with all the information that we hold about you on payment of £10 for each request, which is to meet our costs in providing this information to you.
We control and operate our site from the UK (regardless of where hosting servers are located). All matters relating to the site are governed by the laws of England and Wales, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceeding relating to the site shall be the courts of England and Wales. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of the EU. If you are located outside of the EU, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
If for any reason any part of this policy is found to void or unenforceable, it will be deemed severed from the remainder of the policy, which will continue in full force and effect.
British Condoms and GDPR
Putting you in control: data protection is getting more personal
Every time you shop online, use an app, stream music or a movie or even 'like' a social media post, you generate data. The scale is huge – every minute of every day, Google performs 3.6 million searches, spammers send 100 million emails, Snapchatters send 527,000 photos, and the Weather Channel forecasts rain or shine 18 million times.1
To keep pace, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It's the biggest change to UK data privacy law for 20 years and creates a single set of rules that better protects personal information for people across the EU. All organisations must review how they manage all personal data, such as customer addresses and staff details, and ensure they meet GDPR requirements.
Data Protection and GDPR at British Condoms
We understand that your personal data is exceptionally important to you and when you trust us with it we have a duty to keep it safe and secure.
What we do and don't do:
- We do use data to provide you with great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it's relevant, useful and timely.
- We do respect your privacy and work hard to meet strict regulatory requirements.
- We do go the extra mile to protect your data.
- We don't sell your personal data to third parties.
Why your data is in safe hands with British Condoms
1. You're better protected
The new rules make sure that all organisations are set up to protect any personal data they hold, and to act appropriately if something goes wrong.
Rest assured, robust security has always been a crucial part of everything British Condoms does.
2. You have more control
The new regulation supports your right to have your privacy respected and your data protected. It gives you easier access to the personal information organisations hold about you, if you wish to check or change it. It is designed to give you confidence that this information is accurate, up to date and well managed.
3. You can choose who can contact you, and how
You can control if and how you want to be contacted, for example by email or phone.
4. You can change your mind
Every organisation must provide you with the opportunity to change your mind about the choices you have made. This is intended to give you options and keep you in control. We (British Condoms) ensure that you can update your choices at any time.
5. You have someone here to talk to
If you have questions about data privacy, security or protection you are welcome to Contact Us.